Re: weighted roles and distance in description logic

Dear Cristiano,

If I understand you correctly, you will need datatypes, but using
datatypes is (reasonably) well supported by tools such as Pellet (a
DL-reasoner).

A very bad solution would be to do something like:

"The distance between A and B is 13 Miles"

A hasDistance13 B

but clearly this doesn't scale well....

Otherwise, link them via some "route" instance:

Route:
hasEnd A
hasEnd B
hasDistance 13

Is that any better?

Others may well have better suggestions.

Matt