Re: RDF optimization

From: <editor@content-wire.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:41:00 +0700
To: "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com>
Cc: <semantic-web@w3.org>, <semantic-web@w3c.org>

> So if (as I assume) you're dealing with CV data, why not just use the
> foaf:made property?
>
> <http//ex.net/person/1> a foaf:Person ;
>     foaf:made <http://ex.net/pubs/1> .

well, I am not thinking of loading CV data on this schema, just having a
pointer to a CV somewhere else, as this would create
'noise' , cause informatoin in CV is not structured enough

This schema is just to aggregate and structure information aboute expertise
according to a uniform format that can be used to
'sort',  rank, search and compare given expertise among different people

In the CV the 'knowledge' about a person is embedded and etherogeneous, in
our schema, the knowledge will be
explicit and usable from a parser/aggregator view point (select all the
people who speak german AND are experts in field X)

I am obviously seeking feedback at this stage, and still thinking things
through
Here is the updated schema (not yet implemented, still under revision)

http://foafx.punfai.com/