Re: objects to facts to links to LOD to ???

IMO, the (object->fact->links) is what RDF/RDFS/OWL does. So that
complements those layers of the cake.

The objective of the cake (the semantic web) is to allow serendipity and
discovery. So I retract and what I said before. Discovery cannot be a layer;
it should be Inference. The fifth layer is trust. The whole cake will allow
discovery and serendipity

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin