Re: Thing and Class

I want to banish Class to the bookkeeping context, where it belongs.

When two classes are equivalent, it means they have the same members,
but different definitions -- which means they are in different contexts.

When you merge the two contexts together, you get confusion.
Which class are we talking about now -- Class or Thing?
Which definition are we talking about now -- Class or Thing?

The class "cup" abstracts all properties of its individual member "cups".
That includes how a cup is used, what a cup is made of, etc.
    cup subClassOf Thing;
includes all those properties.  We might call this cup-the-Thing
But when you say
    cup type Class;
you're in a different context - talking about cup-the-Class.
That's what I refer to as the bookkeeping context.

If you insist on dragging Class into the Thing context,
then I recommend doing it in the form of a ClassSet.
    cup ismem ClassSet;
    ClassSet type Set;
    Set  subClassOf  Thing;

Dick McCullough
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
mKE do enhance od Real Intelligence done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/