Re: Triples storage

Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote:
> Well, I didn't even for a second consider the possibility of holding all
> the data in memory. Whatever the storage architecture is I'm assuming
> the data is in a database a-la MySQL, even if it's just a long list of
> triplets.

Hash indexes for SQL tables are in memory. You can create a hash in disk
(using filesystem) or across the network (parallel filesystem) but
that's killer for indexes.

> What do you mean with local/distributed queries? The use I have in
> mind is local to a company but geographically distributed because
> the company has facilities in various continents.

distributed = across different technologies, whatever it is (disk,
network, storage engine, os).

Across different continents is one way of being distributed, but
retrieving results from two different storage engines in the same
machine can be even more difficult. ;)

--renato

--
Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at