Re: statements about a graph (Named Graphs, reification)

>From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
[...]
>I find that making statements about the URI of the document (in your  case,
>the HTML page containing the RDFa) works for me. It isn't  technically
>*quite* the same as annotating the named graph, but often  I find it
>actually more appropriate to make statements about the  document, not the
>graph.
[...]

That's an easy option. It will probably work on static documents. What
happens is that in the web there are some 'documents' that consolidate other
documents. I can think of blogs. The main URL of the blog is the same, but
its contents will change a lot, with old posts being archived. I supose this
suggestion wouldn't work with blogs. And there are application servers that
use and abuse of URLs and provide dynamic content. Portals are a good
example.

[...]
>I wouldn't worry about statements vs. metastatements. This  distinction is
>not made in the RDF data model. Metadata is just data.  It's the norm to
>have RDF documents that contain both metadata and data.

I still think it is preferable to separate the statements. Mainly from a
data modeling perspective. After Named Graphs they may invent something
else. And I would like to make fewer assumptions about the location of the
statements. Perhaps it would be useful to distribute the statements and
metastatements accross the network in the future.

>If your application needs some kind of privileged metadata, which is
>handled differently from the rest of the data, then you can put that
>metadata into one or more separate named graphs.

I only need the main data as a graph. In my case I don't see the need to
group the  metastatements as a unit.

This is good discussion.

thanks,

Gustavo