Re: Is ontology an information resource?

On Oct 21, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> But you should hash URIs for normal ontologies.  They are simpler
> and faster at run time, and are served up just be writing a file
> and serving it up.

Hi Tim,

What's a normal ontology?

In my view this choice makes it easier for the provider, and harder
for the user, since, as I've mentioned, it means that a user who is
interested in just the term has to fish through a file and figure out
what's relevant for understanding that term from among the rest.

In general, I think we should be encouraging practices that are
oriented towards making it easier for the user, even if that takes a
little more effort on the part of the provider.

-Alan