RE: New Version of Networked Graphs Sail Available

Hi, Simon!

Simon Schenk wrote:

>Networked Graphs are an extension of named graphs, which allow
>to define
>a graph both extensionally by listing triples (as in named graphs), but
>also intensionally through views. Views are expressed using SPARQL
>queries and are included into graphs using a simple RDF syntax. To
>express that some graph G should contain the results of a query Q, we
>simply add a statement (G ng:definedBy Q^^ng:Query) to G. Views can use
>negation as failure, just as normal SPARQL queries and can recursively
>depend on each other. The reasoning engine will resolve this recursion.
>A graph can at the same time contain intensionally and extensionally
>defined statements.

To see if I correctly understand this idea: Am I allowed to do the following
graph specification:

    G { s p o . }
    G ng:definedBy Q1^^ng:Query .
    G ng:definedBy Q2^^ng:Query .

? And does this mean that G is the UNION of

    * the explicitly defined statement set { s p o . }
    * the result set of Q1
    * the result set of Q2

?

Cheers,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe