Re: ODF and semantic web

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> Anyway, I'm going to try to figure out among our group a suggestion of
> how we might put our head's together. I think adopting RDFa as is
> would be a non-starter ATM for the reasons Elias and I mentioned. But
> my sense is we could look to align the attribute names (are they now
> stable on your end??) and you might consider creating a namespaced set
> of attributes for inclusion in XML languages that need that (like ODF).
The names of RDFa attributes are indeed stable now, and are "namespaced"
in that they exist in the XHTML namespace.  The DTD and Schema
implementations allow for inclusion of those namespaced attributes in
any XML grammar.  The current document, rdfa-syntax [1], is focused upon
XHTML 1.1 + RDFa just because that is the markup language we are
defining right now and because describing the RDFa attributes in terms
of a markup language is a lot easier for people to grasp.

We recently rolled the separate "xhtml-rdfa" module [2] document into
"rdfa-syntax" so it would be easier for people to read and comprehend.
My take on your request is that a clearly defined module that could be
used in any host language would make it easier for your group to look at
convergence down the road.  Is that a fair characterization?

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070927
[2] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-rdfa-20070811/ (note - obsolete!)