Re: ODF and semantic web

Hi Ivan,

GRDDL is a necessary hack to allow legacy mark-up to be made
'semantic'. But I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that you
can build a 'semantic web' on such a flaky framework. Which means that
it's not a good idea to design languages on the basis that 'it doesn't
matter what I do, because I can always GRDDL it'.

So, I'm going to save my 'yey' for later. I'm hoping that there will
be some serious coordination on this issue, and anything less is a
missed opportunity.

It will be interesting to see if the two standards organisations can
rise to the challenge.

All the best,

Mark

  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer