Re: my laziness with literals

On 12 Oct 2007, at 15:04, Garret Wilson wrote:

> * If you're going to store a number, use a typed literal with
> xsd:integer or similar.
> * If you're going to store a boolean, use a typed literal with
> xsd:boolean or similar.
> * If you're going to store a URI, use a typed literal with xsd:anyURI.
> * If you're going to store a language, use something like info:lang/
> en/US.

For all of these I suggest using N3 (or its subset Turtle). It makes
it really easy to write integers, booleans, uris and languages. In
fact it makes writing rdf a lot easier.

:me :age 23 ;
     foaf:homepage </> ;
     :description "I like N3"@en .

It does not make dates that much easier.

Since rdf is about semantics and not syntax, one should have no
problem using whatever syntax best suits the occasion.

Henry