Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

Bernard Vatant a écrit :

> I like neither the new logo(s) nor the policy around it

neither do I:
- graphically, it is hard do a better job than the RDF logo, which,
at the same time, symbolizes the basic molecule of the SW, and has
given birth to many variations, based on a kind of "natural
extensibility", that matches perfectly the deep nature of the SW,
where links are so important.
- And the policy is indeed questionable. AFAIK, the Semantic Web
doesn't belong to anybody. How could a logo, supposed to visually
identify it, (and we know the importance of identification for the
sw ;-) ) be requiring such a harsh condition as to link to a
particular web page? (Furthermore, as people usually don't want to
waste space in their pages, I have the feeling that they won't use
this logo if they cannot use it in the way they see fit. Which will
prevent it to be largely used, hence recognized.)

May I suggest a more entertaining requirement, in the form of a self
illustration of the semantic web to be included in the HTML for the
logo? Something such as:

"When used on the Web, the logo must be an active element of the
Semantic Web, and therefore include at least, as RDFa data, the
following statement:
this logo is a foaf:depiction of the semantic web".

(would this be enough to start a race in developping small scripts
doing funny things when the logo is clicked, based on the use of this
statement as a starting point?)

BTW, a question is: which URI would be used, in this statement, to
identify the "semantic web"? (Surprisingly enough, googling the
string "URI of the semantic web" only returns 2 results). Although
"http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/" is often used, for instance, in FOAF
pages as value of the foaf:interest property, this URI, as it stands,
doesn't seem to be a good candidate: as the SW is not an information
resource (or is it?), we should be 303-redirected when dereferencing
the uri of the SW.

Best Regards,

fps