XMP [Re: RDF: XULing or Grueling]

Hi Bijan:

> (I suppose XMP is still chugging, yes? Does creative commons still
> use RDF? Is anyone tracking these attempts over time and writing them
> up as case studies?)

Just to say that XMP is something we are still looking at in the STM
community. See these recent couple posts on CrossTech:

The Second Wave
http://www.crossref.org/CrossTech/2007/09/the_second_wave.html

"XMP has much in common with RSS 1.0. They are both profiles of
RDF/XML. They are both flawed in certain respects because of
self-imposed limitations. But they both build on a robust and open
data model for the web (RDF) and are reasonably open, at least they
are extensible."

XMP-Ville
http://www.crossref.org/CrossTech/2007/09/xmpville.html

"Been so busy looking into the technical details of XMP that I almost
forgot to check out the current landcsape. Luckily I chanced on these
articles by Ron Roszkiewicz for The Seybold Report (and apologies for
lifting the title of this post from his last)."

Further posts on XMP as I've gotten to grips with it are also posted here

http://www.crossref.org/mt/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=4&search=xmp

Cheers,

Tony