Re: Linked Data on qdos.com

Hi Steve,

one idea for making the data more useful could be to interlink it with
DBpedia.

Taking the musician Moby as an example, you could serve RDF links like

http://qdos.com/celeb/8340a9fc46297f805e66b6f9e89feb80 owl:sameAs
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Moby

together with your data.

These links would allow people to navigate from your data to more data about
Moby in DBpedia using a Linked Data browser like Tabulator or the OpenLink
browser. We could also add these links on the DBpedia side, which would
bring additional traffic to your site.
When your data is interlinked with other sources, it will also be found by
Semantic Web search engines like Sindice or Falcons and will show up in
their search results.

I noticed that you have already links to Wikipedia in your data. Therefore,
generating links to DBpedia is easy: Just replace
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ with http://dbpedia.org/resource/ in the URIs.

Cheers

Chris

--