Re: Embedding RDF in Microsoft Office?

From: Andreas Langegger <andreas.langegger@gmx.at>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:10:19 +0100
To: "Valentin Zacharias" <Zacharias@fzi.de>
Cc: <semantic-web@w3c.org>

hi Valentin,

maybe you can get some information on that from the Semantic Desktop
people (e.g. Leo Sauermann), there is a project site at www.semanticdesktop.org
. I don't know exactly how they are adding semantics to desktop
applications, I just know there's something going on.

hth
Andy

On Nov 22, 2007, at 11:57 AM, Valentin Zacharias wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Are there ideas/concepts/standards/tools on how to embedd RDF data
> into
> Microsoft Office Documentes (like RDFa, just ppt/xls/doc/pptx/xlsx/
> docx
> instead of html).
>
> (Yea, sounds awful - but in intranet scenarios a lot of the content
> is MS
> Office documents..and almost none of it in the new XML based formats
> pptx/xlsx/docx...)
>
> thanks
>
> valentin
>
> --
> email: zacharias@fzi.de
> phone: +49-721-9654-806
> fax  : +49-721-9654-807
> http://www.vzach.de/blog
>
> =
> FZI  Forschungszentrum Informatik an der Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
> Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, 76131 Deutschland, http://www.fzi.de
> SdbR, Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
> Vorstand: Rüdiger Dillmann, Michael Flor, Jivka Ovtcharova, Rudi
> Studer
> Vorsitzender des Kuratoriums: Ministerialdirigent Günther
> Leßnerkraus
> =

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Langegger
Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Altenberger Strafle 69
http://www.faw.at
http://www.langegger.at