[announce] essay: "Refactoring the Law: Reformulating Legal Ontologies"

From: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:45:39 -0800
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Everyone,

I finally got around to publishing an essay I wrote last year, which may
be of interest to this community. Entitled, "Refactoring the Law:
Reformulating Legal Ontologies", it looks at the similar evolutions of
legal systems and software engineering, and explains how they are both
moving towards an ontological perception of the world. RDF is
specifically mentioned.

http://www.garretwilson.com/essays/law/refactoringlaw.html

I hope someone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Cheers,

Garret