Re: hTurtle: A GRDDL-Compatible Microformat for Turtle-in-HTML

On 11/4/07, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any chance you could add another placeholder for Turtle (maybe
> the @class="turtle" you mention in your docs?)

Yeah, that was certainly the intention for @class="turtle", as
suggested already by Tom Morris though it was something I had been
thinking about.

I don't have any need for visible active Turtle in hTurtle documents
at the moment, but if you do then I'll give a higher priority to
Making It Work™. Let me know!

> Typical use would be documentation which includes example
> Turtle (e.g. tests), this would allow the code & doc to be
> automatically in sync.

Indeed so.

> <link rel="alternate"
> href="http://example.org/n3-extractor?uri=uri-of-this-page" />

And cf. my little GRDDL proposal that we discussed about a week ago
and that I still need to write up. (The essence of which, for those
following without context, is that "transformation" is a rather odd
way of spelling "stylesheet"; and that stylesheets are an open class
of document types that we can exploit rather more smoothly than the
@profile shoehorning.)

The primary, but not the only, requirement for hTurtle was to
demonstrate bringing non-XSLT transforms to XSLT-only GRDDL agents.

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/