Re: Semantic web discussions

A suggestion as to what could be done, based on the discussion:

a) change the policy of this list to prohibit CFP, announcements etc.
b) start a new list for such things
c) have a robot send, say once a week, a summary of the cfp list to this
list (not really necessary, but makes the new rule more palatable). Also
one message, presumably with easily recognisable subject line is easy to
ignore by those who want to ignore it.
d) put up a robot moderator for this list which uses Stian's rule below
to autorespond to any messages that match his rule, with a reminder of
the mailing list policy, and the suggestion to resend with a different
subject line, or to send to the cfp list.

Note: I am not volunteering to write the two robots.

FWIW I would support such a change.

I tend to agree that it will be hard to change people's habits, hence
unless we are prepared to have some moderation on this list, it is
difficult to establish the rule.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited