Re: Semantic web discussions

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:11:24 +0200
To: "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: "Stian Soiland" <ssoiland@cs.man.ac.uk>, semantic-web@w3.org

On 17/05/07, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> There are so many venues for discussing the semantic web, it is
> difficult to keep track of all of them.
> It looks like a lot is going on the blogosphere now. planetrdf is one
> such place. There are a lot of meetings everywhere
> as far as I can see. I  think only Danny Ayers is really able to keep
> up with all of it ;-)

I heard that! :-)

> > is there a version of this list without all the announcements, but
> > including the discussions?

As already noted, the web/blogosphere (notably planetrdf.com) seems
increasingly the first place for discussion.

The list archives may be easier to skim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/

> > Perhaps I just need to set up some clever email filtering to find
> > the goodies..?

If you come up with a good strategy, please let us know - filtering
the announcements to a calendar would be a bonus.

I doubt it would help directly in this case, but worth a mention is
the SWEO community project for using FOAF to filter spam:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/FOAFWhitelisting

Cheers,
Danny.

--