Re: vCard/iCalendar RDF process document 2007-04-06

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Sure, but to non-RDFers, especially hcard users, it is useful to know
> what you need to understand to have a sufficient implementation to do a
> round-trip with hcard.

Hmmm... I think by "understand" you mean "know the equivalent syntax",
not "understand the semantics". Yes, as far as conversion goes, I
probably don't care if you create some named subset for which support is
required when converting to/from hcard/RDF. (But are you going to have a
different subset for converting to/from vCard/RDF?) But I think it's
dangerous.

> ...and as long as the subsets of
> the core and full are disjoint but the union of them makes up the whole
> vCard, there is no variations to talk about -- there are just two
> namespace URIs instead of one, that's all.

Wait... multiple namespaces! No! That's like having two math ontologies:
operatorPlus in the example:easy/math/concepts# namespace, and
operatorDerivative in the
example:difficult/math/your/processor/probably/can't/handle# namespace.
:) I think it's an abuse of the namespace concept.

Garret