Re: vCard/iCalendar RDF process document 2007-04-06

On Saturday 28 April 2007, Garret Wilson wrote:
> It's too bad I missed that debate; there certainly doesn't seem to be
> strong feelings one way or another on this list at the moment. :) My
> feelings are pretty strong for full representation; it would be
> pitiful, in my view, if the RDF ontology data was restricted to the
> range of hCard.

OK, I can absolutely see the case for that. However, I think that for a
lot of applications, full vCard is overkill, I've had some looks at the
Perl module Text::vCard's parse tree, and it is pretty nasty.

For implementers, I think it is a good thing to have a restricted set to
relate to, so how about we define a RDF vCard Core, which is the hCard
subset, and RDF vCard Full, which is the full vCard?

Cheers,

Kjetil