Re: Ontologies for tests

Let me question the strategy of looking for "simple" ontologies, and
instead offer a mapping project that would be of significant benefit
to the life sciences community, even though it is "complicated".

We have a real need for mapping MESH in some way to the OBO ontologies.
Now this is complicated in that some might argue that MESH isn't an
ontology, and that it is big, and that some of the target ontologies
are big.

I am working with this MESH version: http://thesauri.cs.vu.nl/eswc06/
You could take, as targets from the OBO Foundry (http://
obofoundry.org/cgi-bin/table.cgi), say,
Biological Process, and Foundational Model of Anatomy

If you wanted to make the problem smaller, you might try to choose
similar subject branches from the two ontologies. I and others could
help you do this if you were interested in giving this a try.

Regards,
Alan