Re: Ontologies for tests

Hi Kevin:

 >     I'm looking for some ontologies that I colud use to test my matching
 >     algorithm. It's being hard to find some good examples of simple
 >     ontologies.

For a good current overview, you may want to check the ESWC 2007 paper

Ondrej Svab, Vojtech Svatek and Heiner Stuckenschmidt:
A Study in Empirical and 'Casuistic' Analysis of Ontology Mapping Results

PDF at http://www.eswc2007.org/pdf/eswc07-svab.pdf

Pavel Shvaiko and Jerome Euzenat are maintaining the following Web page,
on which you can find lots of resources, included ontology matching test
cases:
     http://www.ontologymatching.org/

Two more links:

CROSI Ontology Mapping Environment
     http://www.aktors.org/crosi/

H-CONE Project Resources including Test Ontologies
     http://www.icsd.aegean.gr/Postgraduates/kkot/HCONE-merge/

Best wishes
Martin

martin hepp
e-mail: martin.hepp@deri.org
web:    http://www.heppnetz.de
skype:  mfhepp
office: +43 512 507 6465

Check eClassOWL, the first real-world e-business ontology
for products and services in OWL at
http://www.heppnetz.de/eclassOWL