From: "P.L.Coetzee" <P.L.Coetzee@open.ac.uk>
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:49 PM
Subject: Named Graph Serialisation

Dear all,

I have a fairly large set of data persisted in a quad-store, consisting of a
set of named graphs within a single dataset. Other than TRiX, I've yet to
come across any 'accepted' means of seralising the graphs into a single RDF
dump (ideally which could be read in without massive memory overhead, such
as can be easily done with N-Triples).

The obvious solution to me would be a sort of 'N-Quadruples', whereby one
serialises the Graph URI as the first element per line, followed by the
usual S-P-O triple pattern of N-Triples. This seems like the simplest
solution (in terms of ease of implementation, readability, as well as for
any future processing on the set). What are the list's thoughts on such an
approach; is there any prior art that I'm missing, other standards that can
achieve the same goals that etc?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Cheers,
Peter