Re: RDF+Transformation = XHTML or is there sth like inverse GRDDL?

hi,

thanks for the great response!

I'm sure SPARQL/XSLT can deal with many use cases. I also like Fresnel
and David's approach. It depends also on performance requirements which
way to chose, and on the processors (SPARQL and XSLT)...

regards,
Andy

Jacek Kopecky wrote:
> Keith, yes, SPARQL CONSTRUCTXML would be very similar to XQuery, but
> using an RDF graph matching instead of XPath expressions. That's where
> FSL (Fresnel Selector Language) could come in.
>
> I'd rather extend SPARQL than XQuery because the former already works
> over the graph model, whereas XQuery has the XML tree as its data model
> and the extension could get confusing. The situation is similar to
> proposals where people put rdfpath (of any sort) into XSLT.
>
> Jacek
>
> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 14:52 +0100, Keith Alexander wrote:
>> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:18:02 +0100, Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> myself I was thinking about something like this in a SPARQL extension,
>>> which might be easier to standardize than FSL:
>>>
>>> CONSTRUCTXML
>>> <catalogue>
>>>   <product id="{?prodid}">
>>>     {CONSTRUCTXML
>>>       <part name="{?partname}"/>
>>>      WHERE { ?prodid hasPart ?partName }
>>>     }
>>>   </product>
>>> </catalogue>
>>> WHERE { ?prodid rdf:type Product }
>>>
>>> You see that it has to be recursive and that variable bindings have to
>>> be passed into the recursion, but that's about all the complexity in
>>> this extension.
>>>

>> That looks like it could be pretty handy, kind of like XQuery ? - I wonder
>> if you could have a slightly different syntax to allow templating into a
>> broader range of formats than XML (eg: JSON)?

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Langegger
Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Altenberger Straße 69