Re: [georss] GeoRSS polygon/line elevation

Josh@oklieb wrote:
> At this point we are at:
>
> On Jan 24, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Andrew Turner wrote:
>
>> That seems unfortunate.
>>
>> What is the path for moving forward in the GeoRSS specification, esp
>> Simple? There have been several ideas and desires brought up on the
>> list:
>>
>>  * Names/Regions/addressing
>
> Preference for this to be solved by another namespace (e.g. Geonames,
> xAL), but featurename practices might be a stopgap.

vCard-in-RDF is also in this space.

There was to be a f2f meetup in Boston this week on that topic, as part
of the W3C multi-group meeting.  I can't figure out from
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2007Jan/0054.html
exactly when it is, but my memory tells me they were talking about lunch
  rather than evening meeting tommorrow. Sorry for the vagueness...
maybe someone can chime in with details?

I've added semantic-web@w3.org to the CC list...

>>  * GeoRSS in HTML
>
> I like RDF-A, it just happens to be illegal. Hacks still to be
> standardized.
>
>>  * Collections of points (in a single item)
>
> Not convinced this is needed in simple. We can consider adding
> Multipoint into the GML profile.
>
>>  * Elevation for lines/polygons
>
> We had decided that more than a single elevation (georss:elev) was
> unnecessary complication for GeoRSS Simple. Could be revisited.
>
>>  * others?
>
> CirclebyCenterPoint...
>
> Common attributes...
>
> Some of us need to finish georss.owl aka w3c neogeo, then we'd love
> to get back to GeoRSS 1.1

Could you give a progress report on neogeo? I'm sure there are many on
semantic-web@w3.org who'd be interested to here.

BTW hope everyone saw
http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/blogger/how-the-w3cs-geo-vocabulary-is-being-used/
...very useful survey of where we are to date (in RDFland at least).

There's a little network of namespaces here... each with overlapping
scope: FOAF covers people and names but vCard does addressbook stuff
better. It also does street addresses etc., but geo: and neogeo: do
mappable, plottable, etc geography stuff better. There should be a
combination of all three that describes people, organizations, groups
and their associated locations at various levels of details.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Dan