Re: OWL species and subproperties of rdfs:label

Propagating subproperty values to superproperties is a function of
the reasoner, and annotation properties are invisible to the reasoner
in OWL DL.

OWL 1.1 is currently being discussed. It removes some of the
motivation for having annotation properties - using them to add
properties to classes in OWL DL. Upon review of the spec I see that
there is special syntax for rdfs:label and that it is defined as an
annotation property. I'm wondering whether it makes sense to instead
define it as a datatype property, which would remove the restriction
that it can't have subproperties. In the spec its use is (halfway)
constrained to be a datatype property because when specified via the
Label() construct its value must be a "constant".

If this is acceptable for rdfs:label we should consider reviewing the
annotation property status of other similar properties, such as seeAlso.

-Alan