RE: Cool URIs, the Semantic Web and Everything

Michael,

Great quiz! I would like to insert a third question - Q IIa: What does
it mean? As one on the outer fringes on this community my answers are:

QI. What is it? It is a string of characters.

QIIa. What does it mean? It depends on the context. In a software
context this string of letters could represent a URI, a password, an
encrypted sentence, a long integer... In the context of *semantic web
software* its meaning is given by the specs, and I guess Richards answer
is authoritative. But it sounds as if there are several software specs
that could be applied - I think your option 5 comes closest.

Q II. What does it identify? Only a human interpreter can tell you. And
the law that says it can only possibly refer to one thing is mad and
unenforceable.

Tim.

Q.I: What is http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i?

1. A URI
2. A URL
3. A foaf:Person
4. Michael Hausenblas
6. An XHTML fragment

Q.II:  What does http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i identfiy?

1. A foaf:Person
2. Michael Hausenblas
4. An XHTML fragment
5. Depends on who looks at it: A Web UA 'sees' a XHTML fragment,
   a SW agent a thing of type foaf:Person 6. Dunno until I do an HTTP
GET

Cheers,
	Michael

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management  JOANNEUM
RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH  Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz,
AUSTRIA

is a Working