RE: Cool URIs, the Semantic Web and Everything

Hi Michael,

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 09:22 +0100, Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> Now, due to X-mas approaching, let's relax and quiz a bit
> (multiple choice):

Since it's Christmas... :)

> Q.I: What is http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i?
>
> 1. A URI
> 2. A URL
> 3. A foaf:Person
> 4. Michael Hausenblas
> 6. An XHTML fragment

1. A URI

> Q.II:  What does http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i identfiy?
>
> 1. A foaf:Person
> 2. Michael Hausenblas
> 4. An XHTML fragment
> 5. Depends on who looks at it: A Web UA 'sees' a XHTML fragment,
>    a SW agent a thing of type foaf:Person
> 6. Dunno until I do an HTTP GET

Impossible to say without more information, e.g. some RDF or prose that
says what it's intended to denote. Depending on how I perform a GET
against it I might get some information that might allow me to conclude
that it denotes an XHTML document fragment or some part of an XML DOM or
perhaps something else if I get some RDF back. That's not a bug because
you as the URI owner get to control the representations it serves, but
it can be very easy to say the wrong thing sometimes. If you didn't have
the hash then there would be no ambiguity though: the representation
format doesn't affect what the URI denotes (although the response code
might).

Happy Christmas,

Ian