RE: Testing RDF vs HTML Content Negotiation

Tom Heath wrote:

> I'm setting up content negotiation on a site I'm working on, so that
> humans with browsers get Content-Type: text/html and RDF-capable
> user-agents get Content-Type: application/rdf+xml.
>
> I've written my Apache RewriteRules, and installed a Firefox extension
> allowing me to modify the headers to say only Accept:
> application/rdf+xml but the content negotiation isn't working.
>
> My problem is that I can't determine if it's an error in the
> RewriteRules or that the Firefox extension isn't doing what it claims.
> My hunch is the former, but I've no way to tell right now.

You might like to try sniffing the HTTP transaction itself to see what
the extension is actually saying and how the server responds. I've used
NetTool for this in the past, which is dead easy to use and you can see
exactly what's going on. See
http://neilja.net/nettool/index.html#tcp_tunnel

You can download it from

Con