  From: Miltiadis Lytras
  To: semanticweb@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:07 PM
  Subject: [semanticweb] Knowledge and Learning Society Book Series: Update + Call for proposals + Call for Series Reviewers

  Dear All,

  I have a great interest in Knowledge Society. In fact I feel that
  Knowledge and Learning Society is the best term :)

  I have the honour to serve as the Book Series Editor in IGP,
  http://www.idea-group.com of "Knowledge and Learning Society Series"

  We have already published/finished/scheduled the following titles:

  1. Intelligent Learning Infrastructure for Knowledge Intensive
  Organizations: A Semantic Web Perspective
  http://www.idea-group.com/books/details.asp?id=4925

  Finished and scheduled for publication on October/November 2006

  2. Open Source for Knowledge and Learning Management: Strategies beyond
  Tools

  3. Ubiquitous and Pervasive Knowledge and Learning Management: Semantics,
  Social Networking and New media to their full potential

  With these three editions we provide a meaningful set of novel approaches
  to Knowledge and Learning Management. It's not just a discussion on how
  Semantic Web, Open Source and Ubiquitous and Pervasive Technologies change
  our perceived borders of knowledge and learning exploitation. It's about
  making visible the value of Knowledge and Learning Management for the
  society (citizens, organizations, government).

  Scheduled for 2007:

  4. Technology Enhanced Learning: Best Practices

  5. Knowledge Management Strategies: A Handbook of Applied Technologies

  We are now evaluating two more proposals:

  6. Knowledge and Networks: A social software perspective

  7. Knowledge Emulation Society

  I would be happy to provide more details on these editions for anyone of
  You interested in. There are some complimentary issues for evaluation
  also.

  Last but not least we are looking for 3-4 more titles for publication in
  2007. I would be happy to receive proposals for evaluation. Our objective
  is to develop editions targeting in big audiences. In fact targeting to
  the society. Since in the next month we will develop an official web page
  for the edition, I would be happy if anyone of you is interested in
  serving as Reviewer. Just send me a mail.

  Best Regards

  Miltiadis

  PS: Download for free the preliminary edition of Semantic Web Factbook
  2005 from
  http://www.sigsemis.org/newsandevents/news_item.2006-05-10.4580530563

   Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras
  OUR GROUPS:
  JOIN our OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY: http://www.open-research-society.org
  Get our last AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin:
  http://www.sigsemis.org/newsletter/december2005/vol2-issue34.pdf
  AIS SIGSEMIS Officer (SIG on Semantic Web and Information Systems in
  Association for Information Systems, http://www.sigsemis.org)
  OUR JOURNALS:
  Executive Editor International Journal on Semantic Web and Information
  Systems (IDEA Group,
  http://www.idea-group.com/journals/details.asp?id=4625)
  Editor in Chief International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL) -
  http://www.inderscience.com/ijkl/
  Editor in Chief International Journal of Teaching and Case Studies (ITCS)
  - http://www.inderscience.com/ijtcs/
  Editor in Chief, AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin, http://www.sigsemis.org/newsletter
  Collaborating Editor in Chief International Journal of Learning and Change
  (IJLC)- http://www.inderscience.com/ijlc/
  Associate Editor International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and
  Ontologies (IJMSO)- http://www.inderscience.com/ijmso/

  OUR EVENTS:
  ECIS 2006, 14th European Conference on Information Systems, 12-14 June,
  Göteborg, Sweden, ECIS Track on Semantic Web and Information Systems:
  http://www.ecis2006.se/02_conferencetracks/semwebis.html
  OIS 2006, First International Workshop on Ontologizing Industrial
  Standards, in conjunction with the 25th International Conference on
  Conceptual Modeling (ER2006), Tucson, Arizona, USA, November 6-9, 2006,
  http://events.deri.at/ois2006/
  OSS 2006,The Second International Conference on Open Source Systems, 8 -
  10 June 2006, Grand Hotel, Como, Italy, Workshop on Preserving Quality in
  an Open Environment, , http://openculture.org/como-2006
  AMCIS 2006, 12th Americas Conference on Information Systems, Connecting
  the Americas, Acapulco, México August 4-6, 2006, Semantic Web and
  Information Systems Track: http://www.terry.uga.edu/%7Erwatson/tracks.xml
  OUR LATEST BOOKS:
  Lytras M. and Naeve A. (eds) Intelligent Learning Infrastructure for
  Knolwedge Intensive Organizations: A Semantic Web Perspective:
  http://www.idea-group.com/books/details.asp?id=4925
  http://www.papasotiriou.gr/product.gbook.asp?deid=&pfid=533813&prid=222238

  OUR LATEST SPECIAL ISSUES:

  Ambjörn Naeve, Miltiadis Lytras, Wolfgang Nejdl, Nicolas Balacheff, Joseph
  Hardin, Advances of Semantic Web for E-learning: Expanding learning
  frontiers, British Journal of Educational Technology, 37(3) 2006,
  http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/toc/bjet/37/3?ai=2ez&ui=18sh2&af=H
  Lytras M., Iyer L., Tsakalidis A.,"Exploiting Knowledge Management for
  Ubiquitous E-Government in the Semantic Web Era", Electronic Government,
  an International Journal (EG), Vol. 3 Issue (1) 2006,
  http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=72&year=2006&vol=3&issue=1

  Gutiérrez de Mesa JA, Rodríguez-García D., Lytras M., "Ubiquitous
  Computing", in Upgrade, Digital journal of CEPIS (Council of European
  Professional Informatics Societies), Vol. VI, October 2005 issue, in
  English, <http://www.upgrade-cepis.org/issues/2005/5/upgrade-vol-VI-5.html>
  Lytras M., Sicilia M.A., Kinshuk, Sampson D. , "Semantic and social
  aspects of learning in organizations", The Learning Organization Journal,
  Volume 12, Issue 5, 2005
  http://www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewContainer.do?containerType=Issue&containerId=22676

  Lytras M., Sicilia M.A, Davies J., Kashyap V., "Digital libraries in the
  knowledge era: Knowledge management and Semantic Web technologies",
  Library Management:, Volume 26 Issue 4/5 , 2005,
  http://www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewContainer.do?containerType=Issue&containerId=22447

  Sampson D., Lytras M., Wagner G. and Diaz P., "Ontologies and the Semantic
  Web for E-learning", Educational Technolgy and Society Journal, 7(4) 2004,
  http://www.ifets.info/issues.php?id=25
  Lytras M., Naeve A., Pouloudi N., "Knowledge Management Technologies for
  E-learning", IJ of Distance Educational Technologies, 3(2) 2005,
  http://www.idea-group.com/journals/toc.asp?ID=498&volume=Vol%2E+3%2C+No%2E+2

  OUR CFPs:
  IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, "Knowledge and Data
  Engineering in the Semantic Web Era",
  http://www.computer.org/portal/cms_docs_transactions/transactions/tkde/featured_article/CFP_TKDE_SemWeb.pd

  OUR RESEARCH UNITS:
  SWiSE@RU5, Research Academic Computer Technology Insitute - CTI, Patra,
  Greece, http://www.cti.gr
  KMR Group, Royal Insitute of Technology, Sweden, http://kmr.nada.kth.se
  ELTRUN, Department of Management Science and Technology, Athens University
  of Economics and Business, Greece, http://www.eltrun.gr
  e-mail:mdl@aueb.gr

   lytras@ceid.upatras.gr