Re: Sommer: Semantic Web (Metadata) Mapper

On 05/10/06/05/06 00:02 +0200, Henry Story wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just started an open source project called Sommer at https://
>sommer.dev.java.net under a BSD licence. The code is just being
>forged right now, but feedback and ideas are welcome on the users
>mailing list.
>
>The idea is simply to use java annotations with simple Aspect
>Oriented Programing to map java object graphs to and from an RDF Graph.
>All a java programmer will need to do is annotate his classes and its
>fields like this:

Great!

You might want to have a look at RDFReactor [3], which is doing something
like that for Java already, and at ActiveRDF [2] which works for Ruby and
is quite a bit more comprehensive.

In [2] we discuss the difficulties mapping the Semantic Web RDF/DL to the
OO paradigm, and how a dynamic language such as Ruby helps to do this.

I hope this will help getting you started, and to realise the challenges
ahead...(and by the way, there are several more frameworks that try to do
the same, as discussed in the paper).

 -eyal

[1] http://activerdf.org
[2] http://eyaloren.org/pubs/sfsw2006.pdf