Re: Semantic Web Languages

tim.glover@bt.com wrote:

> Well I don't object to URIs being used to uniquely identify web
> resources. But I do object to insisting that URIs are used for
> EVERYTHING, including words in a (programming) language. What is gained
> by it? And what is lost?
>
> myuri:One myuri:might myuri:as myuri:well myuri:insist myuri:that
> myuri:ordinary myuri:text myuri:uses myuri:URIs myuri:for myuri:every
> myuri:word myurl:in myuri:English

If one wants to talk about them in a web-orientated context it's useful
(almost a necessity).

If one doesn't want to talk about them in a web-orientated context it's
pointless.

If one sometimes want to talk about them in a web-orientated context a
clear and unambiguous means of translating from URIs to identifiers more
suitable to the other context, and back again, may be a good idea.