Semantic Layers (Was: Interpretation of RDF reification)

John --

Good to see you pointing out that, for serious knowledge use, we need to
additional semantic layers and tools above RDF and OWL .  I agree.

Actually, at a general level, I guess the W3C "Semantic Web Layer Cake"
indicates this too.

However, we may need to push the envelope even further than logic, or
Common Logic.  At some point, the real world meaning of things like

             p10989(?x,?y,http://verylonghumanunreadableurl)

has to be made clear to nontechnical human beings.  This is argued in
[1,2], and there's also an online system that demonstrates how this can
work in practice [3,4] .

                                            Cheers,   -- Adrian

[1]  www.semantic-conference.com/program/sessions/S2.html

[2]
www.reengineeringllc.com/Internet_Business_Logic_e-Government_Presentation.pdf

[3]  reengineeringllc.com/Oil_Industry_Supply_Chain_by_Kowalski_and_Walker.pdf

[4]  Internet Business Logic.  Online at reengineeringllc.com

Internet Business Logic (R)
Executable open vocabulary English
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com