Re: [semanticweb] how to explain to humans the term ontology

Paola wrote:
''Thanks Azamat for picking up my question about 'one ontology = one view of
the world'. I have had the perception over the years  that people have been
trying to obtain an unified view of the world.''
''When we  model reality in its depth and complexity, and look beyhond
systems boundaries, we realise that everything in the known universe  is
 related to everything else, and that  a few  common elements constitute its
substance , and a few universal axioms,  determine the behaviour of
everything.''

Your insight into the matter is amazing, you grasped the core issue of UFO
and its tendency to surpass all the possible limitations by integrating
various types of particular sciences, specific models, and modeling
languages, such as semantic web languages. Indeed, the gist of the matter
lies in the issue of boundary, bounds, and limits, as {some entities
restricting, delimiting, constraining the being [existence, extent, action
or relationship] of something else}. We need to see that the boundary by its
nature is always coming from the outside, it is imposed or enforced as the
environment of all sorts, surroundings, ecology, ambience, medium, scene,
setting and other exterior circumstances and sutiations, of which the
largest context is the physical universe, the totality of boundary
conditions.
So whenever you do something, you have to encounter the boundaries imposed
from outside universe, by means of its objective laws, principles, and other
constraints. Being a congenitally bounded-inclined creature, a human being
is used to resolve its problems by marking the specific area of inquiry, the
sphere of activity, or the domain of interest, thus implicitly drawing the
line between things, separating the whole world into many different parts
without keeping their inherent harmony and unity.

As a matter of fact, there is only one entity in existence which is
virtually not limited, the Universe [owl:Thing], the totality of things
which may be limited only by hypothetical Nothing [owl: Nothing], so
engulfing all sorts and manner of distinctions and differentiations and
beings between the top and lower bounds, and thus also placing limits of our
knowledge of the world.
As you well noted, the global model of things as UFO implies  transcending
the 'systems boundaries' by considering as the object of inquiry not only
some particular systems and levels of reality but rather the largest
self-consistent system [the world itself]. My mapping the reality's content
[constitution, states, dynamics, and entity relationships] onto its true
representations and reasoning mechanisms in our minds, in our computing
models, in emerging semantic artefacts and applications, such as
Onto-Semantic WWW. And this all within one human knowledge integration
context [UFO frame] both consolidating and validating all kinds of
conceptual modelings, languages, personal perspectives, ideas, views,
positions, and attitides.
This may be decsribed as the mapping function  from the unbounded universe
onto an unlimited information space of knowledge resources and reasoning
machines, or simply: [UFO: the World > the OntoSemantic Web&Intelligent
Internet].

kind regards,
Azamat Abdoullaev
http://www.eis.com.cy