Re: Solving Sudoku with OWL

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:46:55 +0100
To: Aditya Kalyanpur <swap_adityak@yahoo.com>
Cc: Jeremy Wong lq <jeremy@1980.hk>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

On 1/10/06, Aditya Kalyanpur <swap_adityak@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've come up with a way to represent the Sudoku puzzle
> in OWL using nominals:
>
> http://www.mindswap.org/~aditkal/sudoku

Bravo!

Heh, I'd pictured a model very like what you've got but looking back
now I see at least one glaring error with my n3 - I'd got the cells as
individuals too.

fyi, I used a bit of Python to generate the grid, e.g.

http://pragmatron.org/trac/file/pragmatron/sudoku/grid_v3.py
producing
http://pragmatron.org/trac/file/pragmatron/sudoku/grid_v3.n3

the specific puzzle entered by hand at:
http://pragmatron.org/trac/file/pragmatron/sudoku/puzzle.n3

For reasoning I was using Jos de Roo's rules with cwm,

python cwm.py grid_v3.n3 puzzle.n3 rpo-rules.n3 --think  > sudokuE_v3_cwm.n3

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com