Re: How about?

On Jan 10, 2006, at 17:13, William Loughborough wrote:
> I can approach thousands of people and ask "what's the name of the
> tune that goes 'dah-dah-dah-BOOM?'" and they will instantly respond
> "Beethoven's Fifth".
>
> When will our machine indexing, etc. stuff allow me to do that with
> a google-type search and a microphone?

I know that there were some folks in the MPEG-7 group who had
software to do that. I don't know any of the names so this is only so
useful, but it might be an extra bread crumb in your search.

I also know that Victor Zamouline (of JazzValley.com) had a prototype
to do exactly that, but I've lost contact.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist