Re: Announcement: Firefox Navibar Extension 0.10

siebeneicher@oaklett.org schrieb:

> Reto Bachmann-Gmür schrieb:
>
>> I'm wondering if it is possible to support non-tree website structure
>> (like the page
>> http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
>> which is a subcategory both of
>> http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/adults,
>> http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/youth).
>

> When i understand you right, you wish to use one URL in two different
> branches? This works with tree, you can use any resource more than
> once in a container/embedded list but you have to take care for
> recursivity.

it would be nice if navibar would "link" to the element instead of
allowing expansion for elements which are present at a higher level of
the same branch of the tree.

>> I would in deed like to see standardized ontology for describing the
>> structure of web-content, in regards to your current format I agree
>> with Jeremy that it would be nice to have the resources being
>> instances of something more specific than rdfs:Resource,
>

> I agree with you and Jeremy, the URI "urn:sitemap:root" is not a good
> place to start the graph of the Sitemap for Navibar, instead of i
> favour to use map:container(or rdfs:class). I will mention this issue
> on the next cycle of spec modifications.
>
>> furthermore I don't see the need to use urns and to have the http-url
>> as a plain literal (why not allow to say more about the
>> dereferenceable resources?)
>

> I think there is a need for URNs, the
> http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
> page is the best example for that issue. Imagine you have a URN with
> te above URL and you want to place the URL twice in the your Sitemap.
> If this URN has children, map:container or map:embedded, they will be
> processed twice in the second branch too. For the case you do only
> want to the children processed once in the first branch and you need
> only the URN without the rat pack of children in the second, you would
> define a second URN with the same URL(no children) and use it in the
> second branch.

This can be done independently whether the SiteMapEntries have are named
(with an URN) or not.

Consider something like this:

<SiteMapEntry>
    <rdfs:label>Flight - Asylum - Integration</rdfs:label>
    <page rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education" />
    <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
       <SiteMapEntry>
          <rdfs:label>Adults</rdfs:label>
          <page
rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/adults"
/>
          <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
             <SiteMapEntry>
                 <rdfs:label>Pedagogic-Approach</rdfs:label>
                 <page
rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
" />
                 <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
                    <SiteMapEntry>
                       <rdfs:label>Learning difficulties of
adults</rdfs:label>
                       <page rdf:resource="http://example.org/" />
                    </SiteMapEntry>
                 </children>
             </SiteMapEntry>
          </children>
       </SiteMapEntry>
       <SiteMapEntry>
          <rdfs:label>Youth</rdfs:label>
          <page
rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/youth"
/>
          <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
             <SiteMapEntry>
                 <rdfs:label>Pedagogic-Approach</rdfs:label>
                 <page
rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
" />
             </SiteMapEntry>
          </children>
       </SiteMapEntry>
    </children>
</SiteMapEntry>

In this example only one occurrence of the page has child nodes - I'm
however not sure this is really needed, isn't "isSuperCategoryOf" more a
property of a page rather than its SipeMapEntry?

> Another benefit of URNs are to overhelm recursivity(because of the
> children too), although this scenario is realy rare.

Not sure what you mean.

reto