Re: help with euler

On 4 Apr 2006, at 21:31, jos.deroo@agfa.com wrote:
> > I find it really difficult to understand how one is meant to work
> > with Euler [1], even with all the examples online. Has anyone
> perhaps
> > written some more human readable documentation on how it is meant to
> > work?
>
> the best I can mention is http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/
> and specifically for euler
> http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2004/01swap/Euler.txt
> and some more cases are at
> http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2004/04test/

Perhaps it would be good to add some lines explaining the command
line arguments euler takes.
What does --think, --nope, --filter, etc mean. One guesses it should
be the same as cwm, but that
is asking the user very much. It should be there in the doc, and even
in a command line help file

Euler --help

Also I think I understand now the the last n3 file given after the --
think command is the one that it takes to be the statements that need
checking. But that is not quite obvious. The documentation should be
written a little more geared towards the casual hacker that comes
across the package.

In my case clearly, the fact that I had something that was not
supported by Euler made my understanding of the framework a little
bit more difficult.

> > How would I get the equivalent of the functionality in cwm I
> > described in "temporal relations" [2]
>
> right now euler doesn't unify your :Fmla variable with
> the set of triples
> { <#blue> now:temperature "22" .
>   <#white> now:temperature "21" .
>   <#red> now:temperature "23" . }
>
> am trying to address such issues in the "logical framework"
> layer but that is very experimental and am doing that in a
> ajaw type of prototype engine that is kind of working in
> http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2006/02swap/lf.html
> which natively talks some JSON coming from and going to N3
> http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2006/02swap/README

Cool! Well now that partly explains why I was having difficulties.

Thanks for the tool. I look forward to being able to use it more often.

Henry