Re: RDF tools as workhorse

Chris Wilper wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I'd suggest you take a good look at Kowari.  It really excels
> at query performance and scalability compared to anything
> else I've seen in this space.  My own testing has been in the
> 10-20M triple range.  I've heard that Kowari can easily
> handle ten times that, but haven't tested the assertion for
> myself.

This runs counter to our experience. While Kowari had
initially faster loading times than other databases, it
quickly ran into memory problems before we'd managed to
load our entire dataset.

We also encountered problems with database corruption
and management issues (e.g. taking regular backups).

We ended up using a relationally backed store as we got
the benefits of a stable backend (management tools, replication,
backup, etc) with the RDF model.

Cheers,

L.

--