Re: Describing networks using RDF

From: Jeroen van der Ham <vdham@science.uva.nl>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:32:32 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org

Dan Connolly wrote:
> It would be generous to call it a "project," but I keep an RDF
> description of my home network...

Thanks for the pointers! I had run into something similar before, by
Graham Klyne[1].

Essentially we're trying to do the same thing, but I intend to create a
general abstract schema that will be applicable to describing any kind
of computernetwork, using any kind of technology and protocols.
This is going to be very hard, but I believe it will be very useful for
any application that wants to have some kind of influence on the network
(besides just transmitting data).

Jeroen.

[1]:
http://www.ninebynine.org/SWAD-E/Scenario-HomeNetwork/HomeNetworkConfig.html