Re: schemarama 2

On 11/2/05, Richard Newman <r.newman@reading.ac.uk> wrote:
> Danny,
>    I was going to reimplement schemarama using twinql's matchers a
> month or two ago, and got sidetracked.
>
>    If you can give me a graph pattern that an Atom/OWL node has to
> match (e.g., an entry has to have a title, an author who is a person,
> etc.), then twinql can compile that into a function that says 'yes'
> or 'no'. This graph pattern is a SPARQL SELECT query, basically.
>
>    Sound useful?

Sounds spot on!

It's still pretty much in flux, but to give you an idea of what we've
been looking at, the current version of the Atom/OWL ontology is at
[1], some instance examples towards the top of [2].

One significant difference between the approach here and previous
RSS/Atom-in-RDF efforts is that the versioning of entries is
explicitly modelled. If you did a blog post today and tomorrow
reposted it correcting a spelling mistake, both versions could coexist
in the target store (same id, different updated, different content).
This should fit better with the Semantic Web world view, but does lead
to some complications, not least in keeping consistent with the Atom
spec (and its naming scheme).

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://pragmatron.org/trac/file/pragmatron/atom-owl/AtomOwl.n3