Re: Deleting subgraphs via SPARQL

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:16:34 +0100, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> Don't forget the problems that an erroneous assertion can make if
> it happens to be for an IFP!
>
> Difficult issues. But in answer to Danny's original query, why not just
> DELETE * WHERE ....?

There are issues with CONSTRUCT *, which is why it was dropped. I dont
remember exactly what they were, so they may not affect DELETE.

There was some enthusiasm for tackling DELETE in a future standard, but I
cant find any record of where that was indicated. I thought it was a
postponed issue.

- Steve