Re: DC in XHTML2

At 6:04 PM +0100 6/7/05, Misha Wolf wrote:

>Is anyone else in the DC community looking at the use of DC in
>XHTML2 and thinking along similar lines to us?  We would be
>very happy to work with others on this issue.

It sounds as though you could use @property with the same
sort of intermediate dictionary that we think we can do for
extensions to the repertory of values for @role.

Here (If I have it straight) we will have a role dictionary (separate
URI from the XHTML 2.0 namespace or the current document instance)
which has a named entry which gathers a collection of assertions and
then a qualified name referring to this named entry in the dictionary
will assert those assertions about the element bearing that QName
as a value of @role.

In the process of developing this we will definitely need assistance
from SW [Best Practices?] and would be delighted to compare
notes with "the people who brought you NewsML."

Keep in touch with Lisa or post progress updates or questions
to <wai-xtech@w3.org> for public discussion and <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>
if W3C member-confidential for any reason.

Al