Tools supporting processes

From: Ivor Tillier <ivor@ivor.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:55:33 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Dear all,

Am I correct in saying that there aren’t any ontology tools that support
processes, in the sense of providing a visual display of tasks within a
project (as in a Gantt chart)?

The idea being that not only inputs (e.g. available resources or people)
into a project may vary, but also other factors (e.g. requirements) and
this will reflect the chart.  If one was to implement this, could anyone
suggest how I might approach the inferencing/querying engine side of
things?

Process ontologies seem to be related to web services.  Is there a
particular reason for this or is it simply that sequencing is an
important aspect of connecting to multiple web services?

Finally, I have found process.owl, is this a defintive file and/or does
anyone know of any supplementary ontologies?

Best wishes
Ivor
Ivor Tillier
http://www.ivor.net