Re: UBL Naming Conventions & RDF

John McClure wrote:
> 2. Ian Davis suggests the alternative <Person> <parent> <Person rdf
> about='uri'/> </parent> </Person>
> for my <Person><has><Parent rdf about='uri'/></has></Person>. My concern is that
> <parent> is a noun, in effect, thereby eliminating predicate verbs as meaningful
> classes [...]

In this case, why not express the relationship in terms of the <Person>
node itself, i.e., <Person><childOf rdf:about='uri' /></Person> ?  I
find this less confusing than the original <hasParent>, since it's in
the active voice rather than the passive, so to speak, and less
gratuitously wordy than <has><Parent>.

(darren)