Re: [Image] How to identify images in an RDF context

Karl,
   The FRBR stuff (on which I'm working with Ian Davis and Bruce
D'Arcus) has progressed well [1,2]. We're currently continuing to
work on the ontology (in particular, solving names and decorative
properties); Bruce is working on examples more on the bibliographic
side, and I've been providing input on his work.

   When I've had the time I've personally been trying to model music
(sadly without all of my previous work, which is on the other side of
the Atlantic), which has a bearing on image annotation.

   Regarding image representation, I haven't formally gone further
than [3], which was required for my iPhoto RDF plugin[4]. This has
hints of FRBR in it (the separation between "photo" and "image
file"), but I have further to go.

   I have a very busy week this week (birthday, for a start!), but
with sufficient encouragement I could write a long essay-style post
on the FRBR, the ontology of such, image description, and concluding
with a casting-down. This would presumably have flavours of my tag
ontology writeup[5].

-R

[1] <http://www.holygoat.co.uk/blog/entry/2005-07-30-1>
[2] <http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core>