Re: RDF, RDFS, and OWL language constructs

Hi guys--

Section 1.1 of the OWL Guide, and Section 8 and Appendix E of the OWL
Reference, are fairly uncomplicated introductions to the relationship
between RDF and OWL, and the special characteristics of the OWL
dialects.  The main issues are the guarantees of decidability and
computational completeness that you have with OWL DL (and OWL Lite,
which is a subset of OWL DL), versus the expressibility that you have
with OWL Full.  Part of the choice depends on the efficiency and
completeness of the reasoning that you require, and part depends on what
you need to be able to express in your ontology (your ontologies may
vary!).

--Frank