Re: An inconsistency or not?

Wow!

I really appreciate your thorough explanation. Thank you!
Now, I realized that I've gone too far to generalize the equality.
I should have been careful to deal with equality of classes in terms of the
class extension.

By the way, one more case I think worth checking out is shown below.

A rdf:type owl:Class.
_r1 rdf:type owl:Restriction.
_r1 owl:onProperty p.
_r1 owl:cardinality 2.
a rdf:type A.
a p R1.
a p R2.
a p R3.

>From the above sentences, we can assume R1 == R2, or R2 == R3, or R1 == R3.
But without any additional assertions about the relationships among R1, R2
and R3, we cannot decide any one of the three equalities to be true. Thus,
the above set of sentences do not entail anything on the equalities among
R1, R2 and R3. Does my rationale look correct?

By the way, one difficult case I encountered in writing OWL inference rules
is about checking equality among list elements. When you're given a list of
classes or individuals, some elements of the list can actually be
equivalent, which affects the reasoning result. For example:

A rdf:type owl:Class.
A owl:intersectionOf [B,C,D].
B owl:equivalentClass D.
E owl:intersectionOf [B,C].

>From the above sentences, it should be possible to infer that A is
equivalent to E, for which I find writing an inference rule to be difficult.
I'm still working on it.

Regards,
Minsu Jang