Re: F+O spec : function finder

On Sat, 2016-12-03 at 14:54 +0100, Benito van der Zander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> inspired by this I made a list for XPath 3.0, JSONiq and my
> implementation:
> http://www.benibela.de/documentation/internettools/xpath-functions.ht
> ml

[...]
> Is one allowed to copy pieces of F&O (or the EXPath specs) in the
> list, so it can say what each function does?

Yes. What you can't then do is say, "This collection of functions,
modified slightly by what I implemented, forms the basis of the
BenitoQuery language" because (1) that would hurt interoperability, and
(2) there may be companies who have patents in this are that accepted
that XQuery implementations did not have to pay royalties to them, but
if you implement another language all bets are off. But you're not
making a new specification, you're documenting your implmentation. It's
good.

Liam